A Gathering of Colors
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
April 2003 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Letter to the Players 2
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Why did the Siraluun cross the road? To eat my sister."
- Town Crier tells you, "How many drudges does it take to light a candle? Six. One to hold the candle, one to strike the flint and four to rob a passerby of the flint and the candle."
- Town Crier tells you, "Renegade Tumeroks are marching on Dryreach! Queen Elysa is looking for brave adventurers to investigate!"
- Town Crier tells you, "A Siraluun walks into a tavern. The barkeep tells him "We do not serve Siraluuns here!""
- Town Crier tells you, "The Siraluun says, "That is quite alright, I just want a drink.""
- Town Crier tells you, "The other day I saw a shady-looking man, all in green armor, hanging out by the bowyer's shop. He winked when he saw me, and then he just... disappeared. I mean, I guess he could have slipped around the corner of the building, but..."
- Town Crier tells you, "An olthoi walked into a tavern. The barkeep told him "We do not serve your kind here." The olthoi immediately raised his claws and disembowled the barkeep. Then he drank from the tapped keg."
- Town Crier tells you, "What, you think I am telling a funny tale? This is a news item."
- Town Crier tells you, "Can Shadowhunter armor be improved now? Only the Shadowhunter Armor owners know..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Say, if you are skilled in fletching you may be able to use a shield with your thrown weapon."
During the A Gathering of Colors event, Ulgrim was found on his island.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "Wipe your feet! Cleaning house takes time away from my life's endeavor."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "You know this isn't some vacation hotspot. This is my home!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "Nothing you see here is for sale! Not even for...""
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "How much do you have anyway?""
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "Ahem, I like my privacy when I can get it! Rotten tourists."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "Aw! None Left!""
- You give Ulgrim the Unpleasant Hangover Cure
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "No thanks, I never get hangovers. You keep it."
- You give Ulgrim the Unpleasant Ring.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Aha! Another ring for my collection."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Wait, This ring looks familiar."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "This is MY RING!!!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You stoles it!!!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Get out of my house you nasty thief!!!"
New UI and Game Changes
- Craftable Throwing Spikes introduced.
- The range penalty for missile weapons have been tweaked. See the Letter to the Players for more details.
- You can now upgrade Greater Shadow Armor using shards dropped by high level crystals.
- Tumerok Banners Quest
- Falcon Clan Training Camp - 2.0N, 75.0E near Dryreach
- Serpent Clan Training Camp - 1.0S, 70.0E near Dryreach
- Shreth Clan Training Camp - 5.0S, 68.0E near Dryreach
- Reedshark Clan Training Camp - 13.0S, 68.0E near Dryreach
- Gromnie Clan Training Camp - 16.0S, 70.0E near Dryreach
- Mask Clan Training Camp - 16.0S, 75.0E near Dryreach
- Ulgrim's Island - 94.8S, 9.7W, reached by giving the Drunken Madman in Baishi a Mug of Winter Lager (purchase in Nanto bar). You can also use Ulgrim's Recall spell.
|Assault Atlatl||Assault Bow||Assault Cestus|
|Assault Crossbow||Assault Dirk||Assault Orb|
|Ulgrim's Casting Stein|
|Ulgrim's Golden Key||Ulgrim's Golden Gromnie||Ulgrim's Home Brew|
|Ring (Ulgrim's Basement)||Lock Box||Casting Stein|
|Sign (Ulgrim's Island)||Ulgrim's House Signpost||Well (Ulgrim's Island)|
|Decorative Bronze Statue (Ulgrim's Island)||Wheel of Fortune (Ulgrim's Island)||Fish Boots|
- Assault Axe
- Assault Mace
- Assault Spear
- Assault Staff
- Awakener - PK wield requirement removed. Nullify All Magic Other can now be cast on both PKs and NPKS.
- Dark Sorcerer's Phylactery - New icon.
- Diamond Shield - New icon.
- Fine Spine Axe - New artwork and icon.
- Heavy Ursuin Coat - New icon.
- Obsidian Axe - New icon.
- Osseous Mace - New icon.
- Serpent's Fang - New icon.
- Soul Staff - New icon.
- Spine Axe - New artwork and icon.
- Staff of the Nomads - New artwork and icon.
- Recall Aphus Lassel - Now takes you directly to the island.
- Portal Recall - New icon.
- Ulgrim's Recall - Now portals you to Ulgrim's Island.
- Virindi Paradox name has now been corrected (was incorrectly named as Virindi Profatrix)
Click image for full size.