From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
August 2007 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
Viamontian Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "There is some sort of Bloodless hunter or craftsman in the western town of Ayan Baqur who claims to be able to construct composite atlatls out of bits of hide and bone."
- Town Crier tells you, "There's a new ghost that has appeared to speak to adventurers in the Direlands Graveyard. It is not hostile, as far as we know."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are rumors of a new Olthoi threat massing in the northeastern corner of the Bloodless lands..."
- Town Crier tells you, "More trouble from the apes? It appears the unrest on Tusker Island is spreading."
- Town Crier tells you, "Thrown weapon enthusiasts should seek out Havala bint Mylos in Ayan Baqur, who has written a manual on the construction of composite atlatls."
- Town Crier tells you, "Watch yourself. There are reports that Mudmouth, the Tusker agitator, plans some kind of mischief for lands beside his own benighted ape kingdom."
- Town Crier tells you, "His Majesty is most interested in the unrest among the Olthoi in the northeastern corner of the Bloodless lands. Perhaps you should go there and investigate rumors of a new insect queen."
- Town Crier tells you, "Scouts report the presence of a new ghost in the Direlands Graveyard. It seems to be a little girl looking for help. Appearances can be deceiving, however. Should you journey to the graveyard to speak with her, be wary and alert at all times."
Marae Lassel Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Scouts report a strange new ghostly presence at the Direlands Graveyard."
- Town Crier tells you, "There's more trouble brewing in the Olthoi lands in the northeast!"
- Town Crier tells you, "There's a huntress in Ayan Baqur who claims she has perfected techniques to construct a composite atlatl!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Has there been any further news from the creatures of Tusker Island? There are rumors that the agitation on Tusker Island may spread to the mainland."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have received word of a new ghost appearing in the Direlands Graveyard. The ghost seems to be a little girl, looking for help."
- Town Crier tells you, "Havala bint Mylos of Ayan Baqur claims she has perfected a way to construct composite atlatls. She's written a book about it, apparently."
- Town Crier tells you, "There is word that a new Olthoi Queen is causing trouble in the Olthoi-plagued lands in the northeast corner of Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are reports that Mudmouth, the Tusker advisor who has caused so much trouble on Aphus Lassal, is planning to cause trouble on the mainland now..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Death comes to visit all of us, my benighted little friend. But I'm the only one with booze strong enough to make him forget why he came to visit."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "There's a ghostly little girl in the Direlands Graveyard, did you hear? Why's she hanging out in the graveyard? Only dead people there, and dead people are no fun."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'd go and find out what's going on with those Olthoi in the northeast myself, but acid burns and puncture wounds really mess with my wardrobe."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've figured out who's behind all the agitation among the Banderlings, Tuskers, Olthoi, Drudges, and whatnot. It's Queen Elysa herself! She's getting bored without extradimensional demons to fight!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Is summer over yet? Gosh it's hot. You know what's good about being this hot? Gives you an excuse to drink! Not that I need an excuse, mind you. No, all I need is a kind pilgrim to fetch me a mug of Berkholt's stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That was a hint, kid. Not the brightest wand in the pile, are you?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know who I got a postcard from the other day? Aerbax! I'd almost forgotten about him! I wonder what he's been up to lately? He's pretty polite and cordial, for an amoral butcher and vivisectionist."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Mudmouth's up to what, now? Honestly, I bet he'd settle down if someone would be kind enough to get him a banana daiquiri. No, wait, what's a banana daiquiri? I don't think those have been invented here yet."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know, sometimes I kind of miss Claude."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Don't tell anyone I said that or I'll turn you into a mug of stout and drink you."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Don't bother me! I'm working on a new grenade design. When it hits its target, it bursts and turns everything in a six-yard radius into stout. Next I'll work on one that turns everything into salted pretzels."
- Bobo's Medicine - The step with the orchid is now optional and now gives 10% pxp up to level 120 on hand-in to Kleooh.
- Composite Weapons Quest - You can now craft a Composite Atlatl.
- Composite Weapons Upgrade - The new Composite Atlatl can also now be upgraded.
- Amelia - Appears in the Graveyard during the night.
- Ethan Wintermaine - 43.8N 54.9E in the Paradox-touched Valley Tent
- Havala bint Mylos
- Paradox Olthoi Refuge:
- Empty Paradox Olthoi Cave
- Paradox Olthoi Refuge
- Paradox-touched Valley Tent
- Paradox-touched Olthoi Queen's Lair
- Sealed Olthoi Passage
- Sealed Olthoi Passage (Door)
- Whispering Caverns
|Aerbax's Prodigal Tusker|
|Dark Tusker Shrine||Dark Tusker Paw||Prodigal Tusker's Token|
|Tusker Skull Helm||Tusker Bone Sword||Tusker Paw Wand|
|Amelia's Lost Toys|
|Amelia's Red Ball||Amelia's Snowman Doll||Amelia's Doll House|
|Amelia's Green Ball||Amelia's Toy Sword||Amelia's Golem Doll|
|Amelia's Gargoyle Amulet|
|Composite Weapons Upgrade Update|
|Fine Atlatl Handle||Superb Atlatl Handle||Exquisite Atlatl Handle|
|Composite Atlatl with Fine Handle||Composite Atlatl with Superb Handle||Composite Atlatl with Exquisite Handle|
Click image for full size version.